Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hands , The object of my attention

For the first time in my life , when I started to feel something special about art , I felt the exact same thing about my hands. From that moment on , my hands played a very important role in my art .
My sister is pretty good in reading palms (believe it or not!) ; I did lots of photographic projects on hands. And when I started to draw it was one of the hardest thing I've ever drawn .

As Louise Bourgeois said ," I am not what I am, I am what I do with my hands."
Yet I think she was pretty much right . Hands are somehow one of those objects that you can work on for a life time . I took this photo like one month ago from my hands.



What about you ?
Have you ever wondered about your hands? What do they look like? What can you do with them?

By the way here is some links I found pretty awesome , check them out :
- 16 ways to get excited about your blog (again)
- Your veil is a battlefield by Kiana Hayeri .
And also , you can check the series of hands-related photos or drawings that I have gathered in my board :
- Las manos .

Good day to you all. Enjoy the sun : )

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...