Thursday, July 14, 2016

RUNderful life;

I do respect runners deeply . I always have.
Actually I always wanted to be a runner myself. Back in my hometown I tried. Hijab got in the way, pollution wasn't helping either.
So I quit.
I am skinny. I never needed sport for sake of fitness. That's how the whole concept was explained to me when I was a kid. So I didn't go after it.
But I had this vision of a happier me in my mind and running was in it.

I started running a year back in Istanbul. I started on my own and I was about to pick up injury I can tell when NHS podcast was suggested to me.

Now I am running each day.

Running has become daily meditation for me. Everyday after the first 20 minutes of running I need to tell myself, "You can do this", repeatedly! Believe me I found my mantra and silence in running everyday. That's when I can turn the switch of my brain off and let it all go.



*The photo was taken today. I ran yesterday under the showering rain and still my shoes are wet.

Love,

Breathe,

eL.

4 comments:

  1. Loved everything about this post! You go our dear runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved everything about this post! You go our dear runner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading.
      Thanks for your support Shokoofe. U are truly an awesome friend.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for reading.
    Thanks for your support Shokoofe. U are truly an awesome friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...