Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October; oh my gentle October

 Dear October, 

Today you are raining. Enough of being a people pleaser, yeah?! It's okay. Cry. Shed those tears on me. I will be the shoulder for you. 

I was talking to Bamika the other day & we were discussing the fact that how often we forgot what a long way we came to get where we are. I was telling them what Anamika told me and we decided to remind each other that we need to compare us with ourselves. Not with others. 

I did come a long way. Every little piece of my soul, I dug deep, found the very beginning of me. Then I helped it rise. I fought, oh I fought with my blood and bones. I am proud of myself. I have a long way to go. I should not step back. I should raise my head high and take a big step. A strong step. And I will do it. 

I wrote this to remember. I wrote this because I am me. 


Love, 
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...